Monday, November 9, 2009

Jay Clough Announces CD4 Run Today

UPDATE: See today's Yakima Herald.

This was in Saturday's Yakima Herald.

If you were at the October meeting of Klickitat Dems, you got to meet Jay, who attended with George Fearing. The announcements were made today during a pair of campaign kickoff press conferences, one at Columbia Park in Kennewick and the other at Millenium Plaza in Yakima.

Jay graduated from Central Washington University with degrees in Pacific Asian studies and Chinese language. He served in the Marines from 1995 to 1999, attaining the rank of corporal. He is married and has lived in China, Japan and Korea.

Though he has no prior experience in local elective office, he feels international experience and younger perspective will have the greatest impact in Congress.

“With my international experience and my education, my desire was to serve my state and represent my state to the nation,” he said.

Look for more from Jay Clough in the coming months!

There may be another candidate making a formal announcement soon...stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. A welcome development! I live in Everett but I joined the Democrats in Yakima in 1970 when I was only 17. email auntiejim43@hotmail.com
    By the way, Hastings is not a real doctor LOL

    ReplyDelete